Upgrading PM for Linux

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
aerio

Upgrading PM for Linux

Unread post by aerio » 2014-04-06, 03:39

Hi,

On the Wiki page about installing and uninstalling Pale Moon for Linux, regarding upgrades it says:

Delete the directory/opt/palemoon --- Extract the contents of a newer Pale Moon archive to /opt

So basically just delete everything and replace it with the new version.

Which folders do I need to keep if I want to retain my settings, bookmarks, add-ons, etc?

Thanks.

access2godzilla

Re: Upgrading PM for Linux

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-04-06, 08:43

Just use the command line instruction given below that line. Your bookmarks, extensions etc. are stored in ~/.moonchild productions, which obviously I haven't told you to delete.

If you're confused, you can wait a few hours for the installer which will automatically do all this for you.

aerio

Re: Upgrading PM for Linux

Unread post by aerio » 2014-04-07, 02:48

Thanks. I didn't know about the other folder. I've deleted the Palemoon folder and extracted the new version in there and it works fine with everything retained.

Cheers