Small issues

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
jumba

Small issues

Unread post by jumba » 2014-02-17, 07:52

I have spotted few small issues thus far.
  • Add Dictionaries... - context menu link doesn't work, nothing happens (e.g. when right clicking any editable text box).
  • Preferences menu bar entry is not in the Tools menu instead in the Edit menu. ( really small one, but annoying after so many years of using it, and it IMO belongs to Tools menu, I'm not sure if this is moved also on the windows version of palemoon, didn't check )
Another issue is global behavior for linux. The right click context menu is shown on "mousedown" event and not on "mouseup" like it is on windows. This small difference brakes some addons for the mouse gestures. Is this something that the addon developer should fix?
Last edited by jumba on 2014-02-25, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

access2godzilla

Re: Bug reports, only for the Linux version

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-02-17, 10:01

Add dictionaries will not work if you installed it into a system directory (no write perms). Instead, use hunspell integration.
Seems that works in some places and not in others. The same bug also occurs in FF 24.2.0 ESR.

Prefs menu entry is in accordance to other GTK programs. It's the same way in Firefox.

And about the mouseup event, yeah, that's the responsibility of the addon devs (since you say its a global
Last edited by access2godzilla on 2014-02-17, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correction

jumba

Re: Bug reports, only for the Linux version

Unread post by jumba » 2014-02-25, 09:19

access2godzilla wrote:Seems that works in some places and not in others. The same bug also occurs in FF 24.2.0 ESR.
I haven't yet found any place where it works, but it should open this page https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/language-tools
access2godzilla wrote:Prefs menu entry is in accordance to other GTK programs. It's the same way in Firefox.
I see, I have just used windows too long. At least I'm not the only one, found this add-on today :D
Tools > Options… for Linux :: Add-ons for Firefox
access2godzilla wrote:And about the mouseup event, yeah, that's the responsibility of the addon devs (since you say its a global
I send a word to the add-on dev. To me it is odd that linux and mac prefer showing the context menu on mouse down.

Edit: renamed the topic to "small issues"

access2godzilla

Re: Small issues

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-02-26, 08:17

(As an aside: as a mod I better be careful. For the whole time I was thinking that I was replying while in reality I was editing jumba's posts. Fortunately, browsers have caches.)
jumba wrote:I haven't yet found any place where it works
I did a bit of testing, and found some really nasty bugs in the textarea context menu that occur in both Linux FF(24.2.0 - 30.0.a1) and consequently, PM(24.3.0 - 24.4.0b2) which aren't just limited to dictionaries (just go to jsbeautifier.org and right click upon the textarea).

I'll report it to BMO if I have time.