Embedded youtube videos blocked.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Roranicus

Embedded youtube videos blocked.

Unread post by Roranicus » 2014-02-13, 03:58

Alright, first of all, I'm not very technical so this post will probably be missing some important info, just a heads up. I'll do my best to be thorough. Also, I'm not sure if this bug has anything to do with the linux version but it's what I'm using so I'm posting here. Still, I know someone who encountered a similar issue using the windows version of the browser. Feel free to move this thread if I'm in the wrong forum.

The problem is simple, when using http://cytu.be, I often encounter this error message:

Opening the same room in firefox fixes the issue and the video can be seen normally. The same addons were used in both browsers, so that's not the issue. Only difference was Status4ever I have disabled on PM, for obvious reasons. I have no idea what would cause this website to work fine under firefox but mess up under palemoon, but there we go. Anyone had any idea?

By the way, cytube is a video synching website, meaning videos are synched between users who can talk about it in a chatroom.

Thanks

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Embedded youtube videos blocked.

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-02-13, 04:25

I'm using 64-bit linux Pale Moon 24.3.1 in linux SolydX 64 bit and any public video on the link you posted, I can see and hear. The only one I can't see is the one where I have to log in and since I don't have an account, I can't see that video.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox