Forward button always enabled when using small icons

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Forward button always enabled when using small icons

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2014-02-07, 19:14

Access2godzilla, it looks like there might still be some sort of problem with the forward button. When I have "Use Small Icons" checked under Customize Toolbar, the forward button is always enabled, regardless of whether or not there is another web page to advance to. When I have "Use Small Icons" unchecked, the forward button behaves as expected (disabled/greyed out when there is no web page to advance to).

My systems:
Pale Moon 24.3.1 (x64) running in KDE 4.12.1 on 64-bit SolydK 201401.
Pale Moon 24.3.1 running in KDE 4.10.5 on 32-bit Mint 15 KDE.

I do have to say this is the only problem that I've encountered in running Pale Moon on Linux, so again, my compliments!
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

access2godzilla

Re: Forward button always enabled when using small icons

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-02-08, 04:42

I'm not having any problems here (regardless of small or large icons):
http://i.imgur.com/qx89t7l.png

I also tried a fresh install with a fully new profile folder, so maybe the problem is with a theme/extension?

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2014-02-08, 07:31

Me neither, it shows correctly on my arch. The only difference I saw between the firefox and palemoon was that firefox hides the "greyed out forward" button with the default layout.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2014-02-08, 14:50

Hmmmmmm ... intriguing ... maybe it's an aspect of the KDE theme or window decorators I'm using, then. Let me play around with my configuration and see what I can dig up. Thanks!
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-02-08, 16:32

It's acting properly in SolydX 64-bit in XFCE also.

I've got Linux Mint 16, 64-bit in XFCE on my second desktop, but I haven't checked it (yet).
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox