MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2021-04-19, 21:55

On Artix and possibly other Arch based distros the mozilla-common package seems to be orphaned / surplus now, as I get a not found in AUR message when updating. Looking at what it does, it just provides 2 files for BASH and CSH profiles:
$ cat /etc/profile.d/mozilla-common.csh
setenv MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH "/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins"
$ cat /etc/profile.d/mozilla-common.sh
export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins"
So without it those environment variables won't be around. Perhaps Firefox no longer needs that. Could this be relevant to Pale Moon, or is there already a default plugin path provided?
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been...

micwoj92
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH

Unread post by micwoj92 » 2021-04-20, 16:19

i don't have it installed and my install correctly detects Flash in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

AFAIK firefox didn't need these for long time now, the only package depending on it was bluegriffon.

https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-c ... 5eb9b7203a
https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-p ... be0d5bd52e

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2021-04-21, 01:47

Thank you for checking that out, glad to hear it shouldn't cause any trouble without it around.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been...