Palemoon 29 available for Linux?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
mbecroft

Palemoon 29 available for Linux?

Unread post by mbecroft » 2021-02-04, 03:05

Greetings,

I'm trying to update Pale Moon on Gentoo to version 29. However, both the bin and non-bin packages don't seem to have version 29 yet.

I am using this overlay: https://github.com/deu/palemoon-overlay.git

Is this overlay currently maintained, or should I be using a different one?

Semi-unrelated - I seem to have been banned from #palemoon on freenode for the past couple of weeks. I don't know why. In the past, the Gentoo Pale Moon maintainer (I forget names, sorry) was present there. Not sure whom to approach about this - possibly the ban will expire. I don't believe I've said anything ban-worthy in the channel!

Cheers
- Mario

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Palemoon 29 available for Linux?

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2021-02-05, 11:48

#palemoon has been abandoned, but you can find deu in the unofficial ##palemoon channel.

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-05, 13:33

He is also in my channel and I did ping him. Hopefully he wakes up and does it.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-02-05, 13:37

mbecroft wrote:
2021-02-04, 03:05

Semi-unrelated - I seem to have been banned from #palemoon on freenode for the past couple of weeks.
That channel is not an official channel and is not run by the devs AFAIK.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-05, 13:38

#palemoon wrote:By order of Moonchild this channel is hereby disbanded.
However, the Freenode designated On-Topic channel will be kept valid but no one may enter or use it (with a couple of exceptions). This is to prevent squatting by the likes of Reddit-type people. the double hash channel is Freenode designated Off-Topic and is run by others and is not in ANY WAY affiliated with the project and none of us go there.

superkuh

Unread post by superkuh » 2021-02-05, 16:43

>and none of us go there.

Well, none of the official devs. But a good portion of the longtime #palemoon userbase have migrated to ##palemoon. It's the same old nicks if you want to idle or to talk to deu.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-05, 17:46

Idle in a dead channel that is only active if there is a problem and one or two may prattle on about stuff they don't actually know about. You forget, I had logs of activity in #palemoon during the long time when it was dropped as an official venue. I know what went on.

Here is the simple fact about #palemoon. I built that community from nothing but a couple of morons who were squatting on it back on moznet after it was dropped the first time and it was active so long as I or Moonchild was active in it. Failing that the channel failed. We wanted to close it months ago but an alternative presented its self but that alternative evaporated despite me talking to that person right now. Still oversight was intermittent and some dangerous shit was happening there kind of like when willpitt was squatting. So we finally ended it.

You have your own off-topic unofficial community now with the double hash channel. Enjoy it or don't. I don't give a shit. But don't try and pretend it is legit. It ain't. The forum is, for better or worse.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-02-05, 17:49

In fact, the "regulars" really shouldn't be populating the double-hash channel at all and should just come here instead.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite