[SOLVED] Pale Moon 28.16.0 palemoon.res files have many 0 byte theme files Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
0strodamus
Fanatic
Fanatic

[SOLVED] Pale Moon 28.16.0 palemoon.res files have many 0 byte theme files

Unread post by 0strodamus » 2020-11-25, 02:20

EDIT:

Never mind. I found the files I need at the following locations in my build directory:
/dist/bin/browser/chrome/browser/skin/classic/{browser,communicator}
/dist/bin/chrome/toolkit/skin/classic/{global,mozapps}

I'm assuming the files in the palemoon.res archive are OK and p7zip is not extracting them correctly.

I was going to delete this post, but thought I would leave it in case this helps someone else.
Has anyone else noticed that in Pale Moon 28.16.0 the omni.ja files that have been renamed to palemoon.res have many 0 byte css, png, and svg theme files?

As an example, extracting /usr/lib/palemoon/browser/palemoon.res with p7zip and looking at /chrome/browser/skin/classic/browser/downloads/allDownloadsViewOverlay.css used to be 3.9kB and is now 0 kB. However, the same file in the tarball source at pale-moon/palemoon/themes/linux/downloads/allDownloadsViewOverlay.css is 3.9kB.

I thought there was something wrong with my build, but extracting the palemoon.res files that ship with the official binaries show the same thing.

I'm not looking to edit or modify the palemoon.res files in any way. I just like to extract them for the theme files in order to keep a custom theme that I'm using updated. I've looked at the source to try to find another way and avoid extracting the palemoon.res files, but I can't find where all the theme files are organized in the same layout as the archive and my theme. Am I just shit out of luck or is there another way I'm not aware of? Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: [SOLVED] Pale Moon 28.16.0 palemoon.res files have many 0 byte theme files

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-25, 03:44

A lot of files are preprocessed at build time.