PaleMoon on Zorin Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
uwethomas
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

PaleMoon on Zorin

Unread post by uwethomas » 2020-11-02, 12:33

Hi there :)

Planning to install Zorin 15.2 core and replacing Windows 8, I would like to know first whether PaleMoon can be installed at all on Zorin, and how to import best my files and settings/ last session, incl. add-ons.

Would be very glad about some information ;)

Greets and best wishes

Uwe

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PaleMoon on Zorin

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-02, 13:31

IIUC Zorin is a fairly vanilla Ubuntu-based distro, so there shouldn't be any issues installing and using Pale Moon on it, but I will yield the stage to the experts beyond that. ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-02, 13:34

I would tend to favor Steve's builds for anything debian-based. So there is your starting point.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-11-02, 14:58

As a rule of thumb, any UNIX-like operative system that is not explicitly built around not using GNU's C++ library, can run Pale Moon.
If anything, incompatibilities can arise with regard to GTK and Xorg, as many desktop environments are moving to Wayland (support for both windowing system or just the use of XWayland) and GTK 2 falling to bitrot inevitably. However, graphics-related stuff can be solved easily, unlike more low-level stuff.