Problem at TitanTV Website

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon and specific Linux distribution questions related to the browser.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
If your question is about general use of the browser and not specific to Linux, then please use the General Support board.
SG606

Problem at TitanTV Website

Post by SG606 » 2020-10-31, 01:41

A few days ago I started having a problem with titantv.com. In the TV listings when a program is clicked a popup box showing program details should appear. It no longer opens. The cursor changes but nothing appears when clicked. If I click on anything else but programs the link opens. Firefox doesn't render the text correctly but the popup works. As far as I know the problem is not from an update. I'm using PM 28.15.0 on Linux Mint 19.1. Is there anything in the config editor that can fix it?

https://www.titantv.com/Default.aspx?r=t

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Problem at TitanTV Website

Post by Moonchild » 2020-10-31, 02:09

Not sure if I'm missing something but it seems to be working just fine here?
Attachments
Image1.png
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss

Kathuluforz
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Kathuluforz » 2020-10-31, 04:31

When I first went to OPs link it never loaded any content at all, just a blank page and an error, so I looked at my Preferences/advanced/general to see if had
FF compatibility (yes) Then noticed a check box below it "Detect Restricted Network Access" (which was unchecked) I then checked it and reloaded and the
site worked fine and, with that popup box...It's something you might try.
Pale Moon 28.16.0 (64) Win7 pro (64)

"People will come to love their oppression, to adore the technologies that undo their capacities to think." ~ Aldous Huxley

“Ultimately, saying that you don't care about privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different from saying you don't care about freedom of speech because you have nothing to say.”- Edward Snowden

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Post by coffeebreak » 2020-10-31, 04:35

SG606 wrote:
2020-10-31, 01:41
when a program is clicked a popup box showing program details should appear
When using Native user agent mode (my usual), the program details didn't pop up here either.
But it works fine for me with Firefox Compatibility mode.
Perhaps you changed that setting?

To check (and fix) the setting, go to Preferences -> Advanced -> General tab, and under Compatibility / User Agent Mode, choose Firefox Compatibility from the pulldown menu.

(BTW, if you happen to have modified the browser's general user agent with some extension, uninstall the extension and reset any preferences or user agents that it may have set.)

SG606

Post by SG606 » 2020-10-31, 23:35

Thanks a bunch! The advice worked.