Pale Moon downloaded from palemoon.org worked fine, but compiled from source can`t load any site

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Pale Moon downloaded from palemoon.org worked fine, but compiled from source can`t load any site

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-10-07, 20:09

Well, for reference I'll share the contents of my about:buildconfig.
See if it does make any difference.
It should be attached to this post, if I didn't mess up anything.
Attachments
build.png

The Squash

Re: Pale Moon downloaded from palemoon.org worked fine, but compiled from source can`t load any site

Unread post by The Squash » 2020-10-07, 22:41

@Aleksandr:

You don't have a firewalling program or anything that blocks all attempted Internet traffic from "suspicious programs" like your Pale Moon build, do you?

Also, please locate the 'libxul.so' library that is part of your compilation of Pale Moon (any one of your attempts will do) and run the following command on it:

Code: Select all

ldd [replace this stuff in the brackets with the full path to your libxul file]
When that command finishes, please post the output of that command to this thread, and please enclose it in 'code' tags -- if you do not enclose it in 'code' tags, it becomes difficult for troubleshooters to read the posted text.