Ctrl+Shift+a - Bug?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Ctrl+Shift+a - Bug?

Unread post by fatboy » 2020-10-01, 17:41

Good Day Folks,

I am running the extracted tarball Pale Moon version 28.14.1 (64 bit) on Arch Linux.
Not sure what is happening here, but sometimes, when I have one blank tab open the shortcut key for add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+a) is unresponsive. Then when I open a second tab, press C+S+a again, the browser responds.
Here is what I am seeing:
Palemoon_error.png
I also spotted this at the bottom of my error console:
Palemoon_error_2.png
I cleared the browser cache, closed the browser, re-opened it. Repeated the procedure above by pressing C+S+a (but this time PM responded as expected). This is what I got in the error console:
Palemoon_error_3.png
I hope this info helps.
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Ctrl+Shift+a - Bug?

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-10-01, 18:12

I had this happen a few times prior to 28.14, and if I remember correctly it was because the UI wasn't focused according to the window manager definition of focus, so there was no keyboard input or anyway the keybindings set by the UI weren't working.
When it happens again try clicking anywhere on an empty space, rather than opening a new tab, and see if it works. If it does it's not really a Pale Moon issue.

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Ctrl+Shift+a - Bug?

Unread post by fatboy » 2020-10-02, 07:40

OK Cool, I will make sure that PM is focused when I execute the shortcut again, but I think you are right. The windows was maybe unfocused.
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux