Italian language not compatible with palemoon

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon and specific Linux distribution questions related to the browser.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
If your question is about general use of the browser and not specific to Linux, then please use the General Support board.
luclog80
New to the forum
New to the forum

Italian language not compatible with palemoon

Post by luclog80 » 2020-08-06, 18:16

hello, everybody!

I am an italian linux user ( manjaro). I use with satisfaction palemoon.
on manjaro the latest version is 28.11.0-1
using the update manager I have updated the program and also the Italian language package (palemoon-i18n-it 28.11.0-1)

I've never had problems with palemoon, but after this update I can't change the language because it tells me it's not compatible with the current version of the program.

I also tried using the about:config trick as shown here: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/pm-langpack-it/; but I still can't change it because it tells me that even this version is not compatible with the program.

I also tried to create a new clean palemoon profile but I still can't solve the problem.

a strange thing is that with the new profile the Italian language is installed and is the version 29 r.c.

how is that possible and how can I fix it?

thank you and excuse my English and I hope I made myself clear

vannilla
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Italian language not compatible with palemoon

Post by vannilla » 2020-08-06, 19:25

Uninstall the one you have now, go to https://addons.palemoon.org/releases/pm-langpack-it/ and pick the 28.11 version.
See if that works.

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Italian language not compatible with palemoon

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-08-06, 20:27

You SHOULD be on 28.12 now.
Your computer has too much computer in it and not enough typewriter.