Failure to access facebook.com

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon and specific Linux distribution questions related to the browser.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
If your question is about general use of the browser and not specific to Linux, then please use the General Support board.
Easy_Rider
Moongazer
Moongazer

Failure to access facebook.com

Post by Easy_Rider » 2020-07-12, 14:57

When trying to access Surfshark.com with Pale Moon 28.8.2 on Ubuntu 20.04, I receive the message in the status bar "sending request to www.facebook.com" and the program does not advance nor show any change until I manually close Pale Moon.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Demas

vannilla
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Failure to access facebook.com

Post by vannilla » 2020-07-12, 15:25

Please post more informations about your setup, as explained here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2020-07-12, 16:11

Surfshark won't render anything unless the browser used to visit the site has the "abort API" to abort already-issued fetch requests. The facebook message in the status bar is irrelevant.
Of course it's pretty bad to have a completely broken page just because some ancillary javascript/dom API isn't available due to not having any sort of feature detection or error handling, but eh, that's what you get for people designing websites exclusively for Chrome.

The next release of Pale Moon should fix this.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

Easy_Rider
Moongazer
Moongazer

Post by Easy_Rider » 2020-07-12, 17:27

Thanks to all for the replies .... I'll wait for the next upgrade of Pale Moon ...
Demas