Two Streaming Webcams Quit Working

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Two Streaming Webcams Quit Working

Unread post by Night Wing » 2020-05-27, 14:11

I like to watch some streaming beach webcams. My main browser, at this time is 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.9.3 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.3 (Tricia) Xfce. For a backup operating system I use 64 bit Windows 7, SP1 and use 64 bit windows Pale Moon (28.9.3).

These two streaming webcams do not work anymore whether I'm using linux or windows Pale Moon. All I get is a "black screen". However, they do work with linux and windows Firefox 76.0, but I'm thinking it is either a website error form the site's web maintainers or these sites may be switching over to make these sites work in Chrome and other browsers mimicking Chrome.

https://www.sopadre.com/about-us/live-w ... uth-beach/

https://webcams.windy.com/webcams/stream/1486829163

Since I'm not a power user, I would like to ask anyone whether these two webcams work for you in linux (or windows) Pale Moon.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Two Streaming Webcams Quit Working

Unread post by Moonraker » 2020-05-27, 15:12

i disabled my adblock and enabled flash.Initial screen is black but upon choosing another cam(north beach) it runs fine.
i am on puppy linux.
Queen isabella causeway cam runs perfect.lots of palm trees there.!

second link there is nothing at all just black screen.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-05-27, 16:16

Looks like a problem with the individual feeds, not a browser problem.
Both use flash for streaming.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

THX-1139
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by THX-1139 » 2020-05-27, 17:34

This one works just splendidly...of course:) https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm
Pale Moon 32.5.0 (64) Win7 pro (64) Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz-16 GB DDR3

"The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove they're not a robot."

"Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health." ~Carl Jung

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2020-05-27, 18:32

Thanks to all who replied. I'll get in touch with the site's owners and explain it might be a feed problem and hope they fix their webcams so Pale Moon will work.

BTW, I do have Flash installed because many sites with streaming webcams still require Flash.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox