YouTube "doesn't support this browser".

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: YouTube "doesn't support this browser".

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-05-05, 11:37

My mistake - someone else posted a Basilisk screenshot which is of a Basilisk that hasn't been updated to the latest available yet.
I should pay closer attention as to who posts what if people aren't otherwise making it clear they aren't the original poster :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-05-05, 12:23

So what does this have to do with Linux?

Gilgaearel

Unread post by Gilgaearel » 2020-05-05, 21:11

Night Wing wrote:
2020-05-05, 03:24
I've seen some people's computer have a 32 bit motherboard and they installed a linux 64 bit program.
I run a 64 bit Pale Moon on a 64 bit computer. It is not a matter of hardware because the problem started after some updates and particularly after updating to the 28.9.0 version which struggled to load some other websites too and not only youtube.
The 28.9.1 worked fine, but on the v.28.9.2 I encountered the same problems again.
So it is something that has to do with the updates.

That is the reason why I said previously that the recent updates don't seem to be stable, or perhaps they have not been tested.

So please check what is different between these versions.

There was another thread on this forum where someone else reported that some websites crashed the browser. My intention was to confirm this but it took so long to activate my account that there was another update to the v.28.9.1 which solved the problems
But I updated as someone suggested here to the v. 28.9.2 and the problems started again.

Gilgaearel

Unread post by Gilgaearel » 2020-05-05, 21:17

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-05-05, 12:23
So what does this have to do with Linux?
Because I run Pale Moon on linux and I 've got the linux updates. If the problem is global - how and why am I supposed to know that? - and I started the thread on the wrong section, then move this thread where it is more appropriate.

Anyway... I just wanted to report the problem. I don't have to add something else and I want to thank you all for your replies.

Bye. :)

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-05-06, 09:57

The sub forums by operating system are for operating system specific problems - usually to do with browser crashes, hardware driver issues and the like. Broken websites tend to break across the board.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

padbravo

Unread post by padbravo » 2020-05-07, 16:29

Indeed... for me, too... "youtube does not support this browser"

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-05-07, 16:57

Check the SSUAO make sure you reset it to default, clear your youtube cookies and your cache then try again.