londonstockexchange.com untrusted charts Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

londonstockexchange.com untrusted charts

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2020-02-19, 22:39

www.londonstockexchange.com
This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Pale Moon to connect securely to charts.londonstockexchange.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

The charts don't display in Pale Moon or in Mozilla Firefox, but it works in Chromium. I sent a message to the website yesterday but it still does it, so perhaps it's worth mentioning here too.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been...

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: londonstockexchange.com untrusted charts

Unread post by Moonraker » 2020-02-19, 23:41

No problems for me.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-19, 23:44

No problem here.
Did you block any specific root or intermediary certificates?
Attachments
FireShot Pro Screen Capture #218 - 'FTSE 100 interactive chart - London Stock Exchange' - www_londonstockexchange_com_exchange_prices-and-markets_stocks_indices_summary_summary-indices-chart_html_index=UKX.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-19, 23:49

Ah.
Their webmaster needs to make sure their cert chain offered to browsers is complete.
They are missing the GeoTrust TLS RSA CA G1 certificate to make the chain complete.

It'll work on browsers that have previously visited other sites that offered that intermediate/CA cert, but not on fresh connections that don't have the cert in their store yet.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze ... change.com
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2020-02-20, 02:53

Could this also be something to do with the ca-certificates-mozilla package not having this certificate when it was expected to?
In /usr/share/ca-certificates/trust-source/mozilla.trust.p11-kit I can see for example:
Actalis S.p.A./03358520967
And if I go to:
Pale Moon - Preferences - Certificates - View Certificates
I see that certificate listed there as well.
If one is missing then it would also affect Firefox. I have quite a fresh profile on Pale Moon and have only used Firefox a few times for comparison. I have no idea myself exactly where this missing certificate is supposed to reside though. :)

I sent them another message anyway.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-20, 09:08

Lunokhod wrote:
2020-02-20, 02:53
Could this also be something to do with the ca-certificates-mozilla package not having this certificate when it was expected to?
I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Intermediate certs are not installed separately or by browser vendors in packages.
Intermediate certificates are normally provided by website owners as part of their cert chain offered from SSL, and browsers will store these intermediate certs in their cert store when first encountered.

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2020-02-20, 14:19

OK, thanks for the explanation.
I went here:
https://www.tbs-certificates.co.uk/FAQ/ ... CA_G1.html
and imported the certificate via the link, checked trust for every box in the dialogue that appeared, now the charts are shown as they should be. So that was definitely the problem there.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-20, 14:28

Of course as an end user you shouldn't have to do this, so the webmasters definitely need to be made aware of it and fix it.