Palemoon not being passed URL when it opens.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
DSwit

Palemoon not being passed URL when it opens.

Unread post by DSwit » 2020-02-13, 23:15

Palemoon 28.8.2.1
Linux Mint 19.3 kernel 5.3.0-28-generic

When clicking on a hyperlink in a program Palemoon opens but doesn't get passed the URL the hyperlink points to.

i.e. The Linux mint software manager will often have a hyperlink to a related website for the software title listing. When the l click on the link Palemoon opens but hasn't been passed the URL the hyperlink contained.

I have Palemoon installed to the /home/user/Documents/palemoon folder.

Is there some configuration change I need to make in order to correct the issue?

tia!

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Palemoon not being passed URL when it opens.

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-02-14, 00:12

Make sure that it is set as the default browser under 'preferred applications'. Or alternately, use the packaged version from the repository (18.04 for Mint) - it will integrate easily into the system, get updated by itself and you don't have to do anything else.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX