How to disable automaticlly fill in log-in-details Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
MomoCare

How to disable automaticlly fill in log-in-details

Unread post by MomoCare » 2019-12-08, 19:29

How to disable automatically fill in log-in-details

In Palemoon Preferences >>> Passwords - I did not enable automatically fill in log-in-details - but still it comes up with users names and email addresses

How to disable completely that Palemoon comes up with any log-in-detail?

basicuser
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: How to disable automaticlly fill in log-in-details

Unread post by basicuser » 2019-12-08, 20:35

Take a look at:
Tools> Preferences> Security> Passwords

Hope this helps.
Stay away from crowds.

MomoCare

Unread post by MomoCare » 2019-12-08, 20:46

basicuser wrote:
2019-12-08, 20:35
Take a look at:
Tools> Preferences> Security> Passwords

Hope this helps.
Well that is exactly what i did, as i state i did not enable - automatically fill in log-in-details!

Still it comes up with users names and email addresses

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-12-08, 20:48

@ basicuser: That's what he did.

@PaleTheMoon
If your Auto-fill checkbox is already disabled, and re-visited sites (so I guess) 'come up with' names,etc., you should clean your browsing history, like cache, form & search history.
If this doesn't fix the issue, you probably use a password related add-on with something like auto-fill enabled.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-12-08, 22:30

You can also delete individual entries when they are shown in autocomplete for a login field - just point at it with the mouse and hit delete.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

MomoCare

Unread post by MomoCare » 2019-12-09, 10:51

loxodont wrote:
2019-12-08, 20:48
@ basicuser: That's what he did.

@PaleTheMoon
If your Auto-fill checkbox is already disabled, and re-visited sites (so I guess) 'come up with' names,etc., you should clean your browsing history, like cache, form & search history.
If this doesn't fix the issue, you probably use a password related add-on with something like auto-fill enabled.
Thanks! Another thing, I tried to enable: Palemoon > Preferences > History > Pale moon wil [never remember history] but when I close and re open Palemoon I get: Palemoon > Preferences > History > Pale moon wil [use custom setting for history] - it will not hold on the [never remember history]

I enabled always use private browsing mode

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-12-09, 18:19

PaleTheMoon wrote:
2019-12-09, 10:51
I tried to enable: Palemoon > Preferences > History > Pale moon wil [never remember history] but when I close and re open Palemoon I get: Palemoon > Preferences > History > Pale moon wil [use custom setting for history] - it will not hold on the [never remember history]
If you'd previously changed any settings in Preferences -> Privacy -> History so their value is no longer default, the "custom settings" interface that exposes the settings persists after choosing Never remember history - after restarting some settings controls will be greyed out with the checkbox for "Always use private browsing mode" ticked, as here:
prefs-Hx-pvt-custom.png
If you want to hide all that, first reset those settings by choosing Remember history from the pulldown menu and restarting. Then choose Never remember history from the pulldown menu and restart again, and it should stick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MomoCare

Unread post by MomoCare » 2019-12-09, 21:06

coffeebreak wrote:
2019-12-09, 18:19
If you'd previously changed any settings in Preferences -> Privacy -> History so their value is no longer default, the "custom settings" interface that exposes the settings persists after choosing Never remember history - after restarting some settings controls will be greyed out with the checkbox for "Always use private browsing mode" ticked, as here:
This is almost a ultimate philosophical answer, with the best intention to help me - I will read/read/ it over again,,,,,
If you want to hide all that, first reset those settings by choosing Remember history from the pulldown menu and restarting. Then choose Never remember history from the pulldown menu and restart again, and it should stick.
This worked!