Build PaleMoon with JIT disabled

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Build PaleMoon with JIT disabled

Unread post by adesh » 2019-12-04, 18:08

Forget what Moonchild said in case it confuses you. He assumed you did some reading.
Ok, Just start the build again and the system will pick up from from the right place, i.e it won't do full rebuild, only the parts which were left or need to be rebuilt again due to dependencies changing. Doing clobber means discarding the already built pieces and build everything from the start.
If you still cannot figure out and to help your case:
./mach build

__tch

Unread post by __tch » 2019-12-04, 20:02

I would do the reading, but i found no docs on how mach works. I know i have to build it with ./mach build, but it still starts it all over again. Is it because in the .mozconfig AUTOCLOBBER is set to 1?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-04, 20:19

It will always go through the different stages of the build process, but it will be considerably faster not building everything again. Whether a full rebuild is started even with a regular mach build depends on a number of factors (among others which files have been changed, whether the configure stage is needed, etc.) but in general just changing a few lines in a .cpp file will not trigger a full rebuild.
The AUTOCLOBBER setting is just a convenience setting: if the CLOBBER file in the tree is touched, it will automatically clobber the tree (= remove all object code) before building. If you don't set that it will simply abort the build and you have to mach clobber manually.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

__tch

Unread post by __tch » 2019-12-04, 21:28

I see. Thank you both.