Can't save customize changes or display extensions

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderator: trava90

tgmy777
New to the forum
New to the forum

Can't save customize changes or display extensions

Post by tgmy777 » 2019-11-27, 00:31

I just installed on Ubuntu 18.04/Linux Mint 19.2. Big problem is that I cannot customize. I make all the changes and click "done". It reverts to the original layout. Also, I want to include extensions in a tool bar. I can't see any way to do this. And, while I imported my bookmarks from Firefox I can't seem to make the bookmarks icon display. It shows up when I'm in customize but not when I get out. I've truied many ways and always wind up using revert to get back to the start line.

The reason I'm switching from Firefox on Linux is that it now crashes several times a session...even with extensions disabled.

moonbat
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Can't save customize changes or display extensions

Post by moonbat » 2019-11-27, 00:51

How did you install it, from the repository or by extracting the archive?
Also note that you can't import your Firefox profile folder and expect it to work here, other than that make sure the Pale Moon profile directory is writable. (/home/username/.moonchild productions/pale moon/profiledirectory)
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 19.3 Xfce x64 on HP i5 laptop with 4 GB RAM, always latest versions of PM & Basilisk unless specified.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Can't save customize changes or display extensions

Post by Moonchild » 2019-11-27, 01:00

As for the bookmarks menu button: that will automatically be hidden by design if you have the application menu bar visible, because it's redundant in that case (its contents are exactly the same as the bookmarks menu in the application menu bar)
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose