bookmarks Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
oscar

bookmarks

Unread post by oscar » 2019-11-10, 16:05

Hi
in my settings, I've chosen to only search in my bookmarks, when I start typing in the location bar. no checkmarks in history or open tabs.
however, I also get hits from sites ones bookmarked but deleted recently or a long time ago.
I press shift+ctrl+delete everytime I leave a page and clean up with BleachBit when I close down my desktop,
so I dont understand the reason, why this happens.
any suggestions to how to fix this issue of mine?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: bookmarks

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-11-11, 02:15

Works for me if I select only bookmarks in the settings. Bleachbit has nothing to do with the places database where Pale Moon stores its bookmarks and other information, this isn't Internet Explorer where all data is stored directly on the filesystem.
Compacting the database could help - go to about:support in a new tab, scroll down to 'Places Database' and click the 'Verify Integrity' button to clean up the database and remove orphaned entries.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

oscar

Re: bookmarks/ problem solved

Unread post by oscar » 2019-11-11, 10:04

@moonbat

thanks for your suggestion. wasn't aware of this function. how ever it did not resolve my issue.
anyways, I managed to figure it out just now :D :
apparently I "succeeded" to back up two different folders of bookmarks from the toolbar,
one of these an old one, that was not deleted
so the last time I imported they both appeared.

oscar

Unread post by oscar » 2019-11-11, 10:08

Anybody
I do not know how to show, that my question did find an answer?

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2019-11-11, 10:11

oscar wrote:
2019-11-11, 10:08
Anybody
I do not know how to show, that my question did find an answer?
Click the checkmark button that says Accept this answer on one of the posts.