hover actions, how to block?

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Lew Rockwell Fan
Fanatic
Fanatic

hover actions, how to block?

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2019-10-28, 20:20

Is there any way, maybe some css magic for example, that I can block all hover actions (such as hover text, tool tips, etc.) in Pale Moon without hitting the fly with an axe like turning off all scripts?

Ideally, I'd like an even more general solution - maybe mod to the mouse driver so that it didn't inform any application where the pointer was located until some button was pressed, or blocking the action and substituting a change in pointer color for example, with the option of eliciting the hover action with some otherwise unbound button or hot key. But a PM only solution would still be great.
"To attempt to silence a man is to pay him homage, for it is an acknowledgement that his arguments are both impossible to answer and impossible to ignore." - John Bryant

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: hover actions, how to block?

Unread post by ron_1 » 2019-10-28, 21:04

I'm not sure about disabling all popups with one fix. But for tool tips, go to about:config and change browser.chrome.toolbar_tips to false by double clicking it.

Lew Rockwell Fan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: hover actions, how to block?

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2019-10-28, 23:14

Thanks. That's a step in the right direction at least. Interestingly, it seems to work for hover text on this web site too, not just the UI. Not sure how common that is yet. It doesn't block the particular hover response on mewe that finally annoyed me enough to motivate me to seek an answer, but it's still at least a step.
"To attempt to silence a man is to pay him homage, for it is an acknowledgement that his arguments are both impossible to answer and impossible to ignore." - John Bryant