First direct Banking

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Barnaby

First direct Banking

Unread post by Barnaby » 2019-09-06, 14:01

I use on line banking with First Direct. They have made some changes for better security. Today I find that I cannot log in any more using Palemoon. I have some other browsers, Vivaldi, Waterfox and Firefox. They all still work fine. Is there anything I should change to get this to work? In settings I have Firefox compatibility set up. Any ideas please?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: First direct Banking

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-09-06, 14:26

Sounds like a case of user agent sniffing. You might have to change the Pale Moon user agent specifically for First Direct bank.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-09-06, 14:57

First Direct
URL.
I cannot log in any more
What happens when you try?

What OS?
What version of PM?

Barnaby

Unread post by Barnaby » 2019-09-07, 07:23

With my desktop computer, when I try I just get a screen with the FD heading, but otherwise all black. My desktop is running MX Linux 18.3, and it is all up to date. I also have a laptop with the same set up. When I tried that machine, it just worked as expected. There must be something in the desktop which is different from the laptop. I am not going to find that easily. Since I have three other browsers which all work as expected, I will simply use one of them in the desktop computer. MX is due for an upgrade to version 19 soon anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Terryphi

Unread post by Terryphi » 2019-09-07, 12:50

Must be something about your set-up. It works perfectly for me. Are you accepting cookies? You have to comply with the new additional security features depending on what action you are attempting to take but this is after login. There should be no problem logging in.

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2019-09-09, 09:37

What addons do you have installed?
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux