Problem with the amc.com site.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
RoestVrijStaal
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Problem with the amc.com site.

Unread post by RoestVrijStaal » 2019-07-19, 20:35

At their faq;
Which browsers are supported by amc.com?

To watch full episodes online and AMC Live for Windows and Mac OS users, we recommend using Internet Explorer 9 and higher, or the latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome with JavaScript enabled.
I hope TS does not pay any penny for this service. It turns out they're trying really hard to limit their support on purpose :D

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2019-07-19, 22:33

RoestVrijStaal wrote:
2019-07-19, 20:35
At their faq;
Which browsers are supported by amc.com?

To watch full episodes online and AMC Live for Windows and Mac OS users, we recommend using Internet Explorer 9 and higher, or the latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome with JavaScript enabled.
I hope TS does not pay any penny for this service. It turns out they're trying really hard to limit their support on purpose :D
Don't you just love these highly intelligent IT people who keep pushing Internet Explorer??
Oh well I can still go to Sling TV and see the AMC schedule. It was just nice to be able to check while I was on the internet without shutting down and opening Sling TV.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-19, 23:05

I found out the problem.

For some reason amc's website -requires- wasm to be enabled (my main profile has it enabled for testing purposes).
That makes absolutely no sense for the type of site it is, and probably is a dirty shortcut of the "browser detection library" to try and detect "modern" browsers.

I shot them a message. WASM is often disabled in browsers because it gets abused for e.g. crypto malware.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2019-07-20, 00:31

Moonchild wrote:
2019-07-19, 23:05
I found out the problem.

For some reason amc's website -requires- wasm to be enabled (my main profile has it enabled for testing purposes).
That makes absolutely no sense for the type of site it is, and probably is a dirty shortcut of the "browser detection library" to try and detect "modern" browsers.

I shot them a message. WASM is often disabled in browsers because it gets abused for e.g. crypto malware.
Thank you Moonchild.
Maybe they will change it but I doubt it.
I will keep a check on it.