Can't attach files to Github posts

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Axatax

Can't attach files to Github posts

Unread post by Axatax » 2019-06-06, 05:15

I can't attach files to Github posts.

At the bottom of text entry boxes for things like comments to bug reports, etc. there's an option "Attach files by dragging & dropping, selecting them." If I click on this, I get the GTK+ file selector where I can chose a file, but when I click on "Open", the file selector closes without attaching the file and without any error message. I know that's probably a vague description of the problem but I don't know how to describe this otherwise.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Can't attach files to Github posts

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-06-06, 11:30

Please include troubleshooting information for your system, as detailed in this post. Also try Safe Mode to see if an extension is interfering with your ability to attach files.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Can't attach files to Github posts

Unread post by adesh » 2019-06-06, 17:49

If you are using 28.5.1, know that such function is broken in that version and you should upgrade to latest 28.5.2.
If you are using content blocking extensions, make sure you allow Amazon S3 resources on the page.