PM crashes in Slackware64 {FIXED}

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

PM crashes in Slackware64 {FIXED}

Unread post by JSladek » 2019-05-04, 18:55

Having been in the Debian world for a good number of years, I thought I would explore Slackware and have installed Slackware64 14.2 with the KDE desktop this past week. Today, I downloaded and extracted the PM bzipped tarball into /opt and made certain that the permissions were correct.

When I started PM, all went well until I clicked in the area of "File Edit,View ....." at which time PM immediately shut down. I ran PM out of konsole and when it crashed, I got the following messsages:

[1833] ###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /home/PM4Linux/REPO/UXP/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 134
[1833] ###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /home/PM4Linux/REPO/UXP/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 134
Segmentation fault

Anyone have any ideas what this means? Or suggestions of what I can do?
Last edited by JSladek on 2019-05-04, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: PM crashes in Slackware64

Unread post by adesh » 2019-05-04, 18:58

This is probably related to setting proper theme and icons in KDE for GTK+ applications like Pale Moon to use.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-04, 20:46

Make sure you have an updated version of oxygen-gtk, or choose a different gtk theme
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by JSladek » 2019-05-04, 22:09

Thanks, Moonchild.
I changed themes from Oxygen and that did it. Seems like I've been down that road before a number of years ago.
In short ..... it works!!!!!