install on puppylinux quirky, how?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
gychang

install on puppylinux quirky, how?

Unread post by gychang » 2019-03-19, 13:07

I am running Quirky Xerus64 8.6 and it comes with seamonkey and able to install filefox BUT I prefer Palemoon on my PC :)

I have been looking for an easy way to install on there is no palemoon to be installed on PPM, I have been looking around the biblio for a pet file but unable to find one. Can someone suggest (not interested in compiling...).

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: install on puppylinux quirky, how?

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-03-19, 13:17

Have you tried the official Linux tarball?
https://linux.palemoon.org

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2019-03-20, 22:27

According to the Google, you should also be able to use the Ubuntu 16.04 packages from my OBS repository.

gychang

Re: install on puppylinux quirky, how? (SOLVED)

Unread post by gychang » 2019-03-20, 23:39

I was able to install from here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... -bionic64/ works very well.

gychang

Unread post by gychang » 2019-03-26, 02:52

for those wanting to install quirky (beaver64) to HD, here at some quirks one needs to be aware. This step was required on both of my PCs at home.

1) take out all HD, except one u want to install quirky, will only install on the whole drive (don't use 1TB...), old spinning HD will work well since will load to RAM.

2) use dd command to load up .iso file to usb stick before using it to boot.

3) boot up and use quirky install tool, and install using full install on hard drive (not partition), find install files "folder" and point to usb install folder, and destination to not to HD (which require grub install) but "USB" and point to HD partition.

Hope this helps, it took lots of trial and error to install on HD but worth it!!