I would like to know where extensions are kept.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
IBAPH

I would like to know where extensions are kept.

Unread post by IBAPH » 2019-03-02, 16:38

I have recently migrated to a new computer, and had to install a new version of Pale Moon. This new version was a tarball that I unpacked into my profile, while the old version was installed into my computer using pminstaller.sh. This meant that I've lost all of my add-ons, including extensions, user scripts, and user styles. I managed to get the old hard drive out of that computer, and I can use it externally, but I am having trouble tracking down the previously mentioned things. Can anyone tell me where they would be stored, and where would I put them to get them onto the new version of Pale Moon?

Fedor2

Re: I would like to know where extensions are kept.

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-03-02, 20:57

Go to you old home dir in the the old hard drive, the .monchild productions there is to be, and the whole data are inside there.

Your home dir\.monchild productions on the new drive and profile there is a new place to copy data

IBAPH

Unread post by IBAPH » 2019-03-03, 14:47

Thank you. I found the .moonchild directory on both of my hard drives, and I found most of my extension data. I also found my old GreaseMonkey scripts. The only things I'm unsure of now are where my old user styles are, and where my old adblock list is. At worst, I'll just have to remake those myself. :)

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-03-06, 01:46

Check in some of the subdirectories within your Profile folder.