Video Not Updating

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
dan norton

Video Not Updating

Unread post by dan norton » 2019-02-20, 22:52

With the web site rmfon.pl, the video no longer updates when the next selection in the playlist starts. PM did this in the past, but not since several releases (sorry, I don't know when it last worked).

From the Troubleshooting Information:
Version 28.4.0 (64-bit)
Build ID 20190219192147
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/4.1 Firefox/60.9 PaleMoon/28.4.0
OS Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64

I'm running Debian with Xfce. I re-installed Firefox-ESR and the video from rmfon.pl updates on it, however I would prefer not to have to use Firefox.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Video Not Updating

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-02-21, 10:53

Do you have any extensions? Does it work in safe mode or in a new clean profile?

dan norton

Unread post by dan norton » 2019-02-21, 17:50

vannilla wrote:Do you have any extensions? Does it work in safe mode or in a new clean profile?
Doesn't work with no extensions nor in safe mode. Getting a clean profile was harder. I removed PM and re-installed it, but it picked up the old profile. To prevent this, I renamed the profile to Xprofile.ini and reran. PM created a new profile.ini and came up as a fresh install, no bookmarks, etc. The video still does not update with the following:

https://www.rmfon.pl/play,85
https://www.rmfon.pl/play,86

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-02-21, 19:03

To create a new profile you need to run Pale Moon with the "--no-remote" and "--ProfileManager" (case sensitive) command line options, then create a new profile and use it (make sure you uncheck the option setting that profile as the default one).
Even if by renaming profile.ini you get no bookmarks, it's not really guaranteed that it's really "new".
Try it and report back.

dan norton

Unread post by dan norton » 2019-02-21, 20:16

vannilla wrote:To create a new profile you need to run Pale Moon with the "--no-remote" and "--ProfileManager" (case sensitive) command line options, then create a new profile and use it (make sure you uncheck the option setting that profile as the default one).
Even if by renaming profile.ini you get no bookmarks, it's not really guaranteed that it's really "new".
Try it and report back.
$ palemoon --no-remote --ProfileManager
clicked "Create Profile" and kept "Default User" as the profile name. PM still has the problem: audo plays but video stays the same as playlist progresses. While PM ran, the terminal window showed:

###!!! [Parent][RunMessage] Error: Channel closing: too late to send/recv, messages will be lost

[aac @ 0x7f2a78580000] element type mismatch 1 != 0
(repeated 15 times)

By chance, are you running Debian and do you get the same behavior?

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-02-21, 21:34

I'm not running Debian, so I can't help you here, sorry.
I'm also not getting any error, though it might just be a coincidence.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-02-22, 00:41

the video no longer updates when the next selection in the playlist starts
I'd call it a thumbnail, rather then "video".
In any case, I'll confirm the behavior (in PM 28.4, Win7).

(And I wouldn't really call it a "playlist", rather a series of songs that play - though I see no means to manipulate anything, except for volume & stop.)

dan norton

Unread post by dan norton » 2019-02-22, 02:52

therube wrote:... I'll confirm the behavior (in PM 28.4, Win7).
Does this mean that you see the same behavior that I see (music selections change but picture doesn't change)?

01101001b

Unread post by 01101001b » 2019-02-22, 04:46

dan norton wrote:
therube wrote:... I'll confirm the behavior (in PM 28.4, Win7).
Does this mean that you see the same behavior that I see (music selections change but picture doesn't change)?
Beats me. I can't make that site to work, not in Palemoon, FF, or Chrome. I'm using Dpup 7.5 (a Puppy derivative based on Debian Stretch). I've tried also FF 60.5ESR in Debian 9.4 with LXDE running in VirtualBox, to no avail. To be honest, site seems to go south after you accept option "Go to website" (in the popup that shows up the first time you access the site, giving you some info and warnings about cookies and such).

In addition, FF 60.5ESR in Debian insists that site is not using HTTPS.

All is all, at first sight, that site seems to be the culprit, but I could be dead wrong.

Regards!

dan norton

Unread post by dan norton » 2019-02-22, 23:55

Great, well not really, but at least I now know that it's not isolated to just me. Interesting that you're seeing the problem with FF while here that's what works. Haven't tried others. I don't want any more browsers. Two is too many.

Many thanks for the feedback.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-02-23, 00:19

Yes.

(In SeaMonkey, the picture changed along with the music.)