Weird Terminal Message

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Weird Terminal Message

Unread post by fatboy » 2019-02-04, 19:09

Good Day,

I get this message when I launch Pale Moon from the terminal:

Code: Select all

palemoon

(pale moon:30354): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:44:47.123: Theme directory mimetypes/symbolic of theme Vimix has no size field

(pale moon:30354): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:44:47.123: Theme directory places/symbolic of theme Vimix has no size field

[aac @ 0x7f4b0179b000] Invalid vDk0[1]: 0
[aac @ 0x7f4b0179b000] SBR reset failed. Switching SBR to pure upsampling mode.
[aac @ 0x7f4b0179b000] Invalid vDk0[1]: 0
[aac @ 0x7f4b0179b000] SBR reset failed. Switching SBR to pure upsampling mode.
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

mrtok

Re: Weird Terminal Message

Unread post by mrtok » 2019-03-22, 13:25

i hijakd the answer from a mydigitallife dot net post via 'Tinman' so creds to him

the warning is just that, a warning, that some size fields are missing
in a theme's 'index.theme' file
the file that can trigger the warning might be in /usr/share/icons/nameoftheme directory

you can open /usr/share/icons/nameoftheme/index.theme and in the 'Directories' section
there is where some of the directories are missing meaning not specified, while they may exist
as folders in the /usr/share/nameoftheme directory so edit your index.theme so the config has
the missing has the missing directories included and remove the non existing directories

mrtok