lost extensions in 28.3 Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

lost extensions in 28.3

Unread post by tman801 » 2019-01-20, 22:00

I had to do a new install of Ubuntu 18.04 and now two of my extensions will not install in Pale Moon. The extensions are mouse gestures suite 2.5.1 and zoom page we. Are their any new ones that will work? Thank you.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: lost extensions in 28.3

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-01-20, 23:59

I've never used Mouse Gestures. As for Zoom Page We, I've only used it in linux Firefox since Firefox is the default browser which comes with the linux distro I use, Mint.

In Mint, I've always used NoSquint for my Pale Moon in both linux and windows Pale Moon since I have poor eyesight. Have you tried NoSquint v2.2.2 for your linux Pale Moon (28.3.0)? The link is below for it.

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/nosquint/
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2019-01-21, 00:10

Night Wing wrote:I've never used Mouse Gestures. As for Zoom Page We, I've only used it in linux Firefox since Firefox is the default browser which comes with the linux distro I use, Mint.

In Mint, I've always used NoSquint for my Pale Moon in both linux and windows Pale Moon since I have poor eyesight. Have you tried NoSquint v2.2.2 for your linux Pale Moon (28.3.0)? The link is below for it.

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/nosquint/
Thanks for replying Night Wing. I had found no squint in the extension page and will try it. I do miss mouse gestures as I am used to using the mouse to go back or forward.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-01-21, 02:24

It's odd that Mouse Gestures 2.5.1 wouldn't install for you. From curiosity, I tried installing it and had no problem (though I have no idea if or how well it works). Were you installing a locally saved copy? Maybe the file was damaged.

In addition to APMO, you might want to get acquainted with two archives, that hold many of AMO's former xul add-ons:

Both archives have the xul (non-webex) version of Zoom Page, as well as Mouse Gestures Suite 2.5.1 (and earlier),.

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2019-01-21, 05:03

coffeebreak wrote:It's odd that Mouse Gestures 2.5.1 wouldn't install for you. From curiosity, I tried installing it and had no problem (though I have no idea if or how well it works). Were you installing a locally saved copy? Maybe the file was damaged.

In addition to APMO, you might want to get acquainted with two archives, that hold many of AMO's former xul add-ons:

Both archives have the xul (non-webex) version of Zoom Page, as well as Mouse Gestures Suite 2.5.1 (and earlier),.
Thank you so much coffebreak for your answer. I did not know of that site, but I have it bookmark now. I found both and they are working fine. Thanks again.