Quick and easy to export saved tabs URL into a text file?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
brokenweb

Quick and easy to export saved tabs URL into a text file?

Unread post by brokenweb » 2019-01-10, 00:17

I have several different profiles that have thousands of tabs open due to bad habits. I don't want to start clean however because there are many unique ones that are fairly important for documentation. Is there an easy way for me to quickly export all of the urls and their back/forward history in each tab into a text file?

Running on PM 27.3 on 64-bit (I think) Linux Mint 17.2. I have the FEBE/CLEO/OPIE addons for this version, if that helps and there is a way to do it using these tools that I don't know about.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Quick and easy to export saved tabs URL into a text file?

Unread post by therube » 2019-01-10, 06:40

brokenweb

Unread post by brokenweb » 2019-01-10, 10:10

That command line voodoo is over my head. Are you pointing me to that post you made in that topic? You're going to have to walk me through this with step-by-step instructions and explain the parts I have to adjust accordingly or we're never going to get anywhere with this. I don't even see any filepath to the sessionstore.js location in that textheap. I'm not going to just run some random line of code I don't know how it works and risk breaking something because some online rando left out important details on using it.

brokenweb

Unread post by brokenweb » 2019-01-13, 01:27

letmeindude wrote:Maybe Easy Copy 2.7.0 could help:
http://legacycollector.org/firefox-addo ... index.html
or this install link:
https://ca-archive.biz.tm/storage/362/3 ... on=install
This is perfect as far as grabbing the URLs in the open tabs. Though I don't see a way to grab the URLs in the back/forward histories in each tab. (Maybe it's there and I just haven't poked around in the settings enough.) Still, thanks a lot.

If anyone know how to grab the URLs in the back/forward page histories, I'm still all ears.

letmeindude

Unread post by letmeindude » 2019-01-13, 12:35

Try Session Exporter, it has options "Export Current Session to HTML File (include tab history)" and "Export Session File(s) to HTML File (include tab history)".

brokenweb

Unread post by brokenweb » 2019-01-16, 00:33

letmeindude wrote:Try Session Exporter, it has options "Export Current Session to HTML File (include tab history)" and "Export Session File(s) to HTML File (include tab history)".

I cannot get this addon to work at all. I try to export to an html file and it spits out error messages. The page says you have to do something with a "Settings menu" and go to "Developer > Browser Console" but that's obviously not what PM has and I don't know what the equivalent would be. PLEASE help me fix this.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-01-16, 00:55

brokenweb wrote:The page says you have to do something with a "Settings menu" and go to "Developer > Browser Console" but that's obviously not what PM has
If you're using the menu bar, go to Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console.
If not, from the Pale Moon button, go to Web Developer > Browser Console.
Or just hit Ctrl + Shift +J - that key combination brings up the Browser Console.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

brokenweb

Unread post by brokenweb » 2019-01-17, 06:52

Nigaikaze wrote:
brokenweb wrote:The page says you have to do something with a "Settings menu" and go to "Developer > Browser Console" but that's obviously not what PM has
If you're using the menu bar, go to Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console.
If not, from the Pale Moon button, go to Web Developer > Browser Console.
Or just hit Ctrl + Shift +J - that key combination brings up the Browser Console.
Thank you. Unfortunately the supposed "fix" does not apply here for some reason. It tells me to look for the message "A promise chain failed to handle a rejection. Did you forget to '.catch', or did you forget to 'return'". This message does not appear for me in the browser console, so something else is mucking things up. This is my error message:
Session Exporter: SessionStore.getCurrentState is not a function
File: chrome://sessionexporter/content/session_utils.jsm
Line: 351
What gives? This is the latest version, if it helps.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2019-01-17, 15:56

For Pale Moon you need to use Session Exporter 0.16, which also requires that Tab Groups be installed.