A page causes high CPU usage by palemoon and Xorg and makes palemoon unresponsive

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Harkonnen
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

A page causes high CPU usage by palemoon and Xorg and makes palemoon unresponsive

Unread postby Harkonnen » Fri, 30 Nov 2018, 08:36

This page https://www.lordswm.com/leader_egypt.php
Its an online game so you have to register to access it.

When this page is open palemoon eats ~60-80% of one core, Xorg eats 50-100% of another, and palemoon becomes very unresponsive, not just a page itself but a palemoon ui too, 5-10 seconds lag on any click or mouse movement.

This page is an event page, it would be gone in a few days, so here is saved page source https://pastebin.com/CbB4yEsu

therube
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: A page causes high CPU usage by palemoon and Xorg and makes palemoon unresponsive

Unread postby therube » Tue, 04 Dec 2018, 02:39

Have you checked to see how other browsers react?
FF 52?

Michel

Re: A page causes high CPU usage by palemoon and Xorg and makes palemoon unresponsive

Unread postby Michel » Tue, 04 Dec 2018, 06:11

Not at my Palemoon (28.2.1 64bit). The page loads and after that the cpu-load goes back to nearly 0 (with xosview)

Harkonnen
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread postby Harkonnen » Tue, 04 Dec 2018, 06:40

Have you checked to see how other browsers react?
FF 52?

Chrome was normal on it, i didnt try FF.

Not at my Palemoon (28.2.1 64bit). The page loads and after that the cpu-load goes back to nearly 0 (with xosview)

This is an event page, now when event ended it changed, and only CPU load remains for me. No Xorg load, and no lag.

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”