Unresponsive Preferences

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
greyowl

Unresponsive Preferences

Unread post by greyowl » 2018-11-30, 03:11

Several of the Preferences are unresponsive. This has been a problem since version 28.
I just discovered that I cannot edit or remove my saved passwords.
Is there any fix or is this under development?
Thanks

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Unresponsive Preferences

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-30, 05:09

So since we would have caught this and I assure you thousands of others would as well if it wasn't just you after four months since first release of v28..

Which preferences aren't working and what extensions are you using, your os, arch, version, etc.. You know basic info you are supposed to give us so we don't waste our time asking for this every time. Hmm?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-11-30, 05:10

"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2018-11-30, 13:38

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:So since we would have caught this and I assure you thousands of others would as well if it wasn't just you after four months since first release of v28..

Which preferences aren't working and what extensions are you using, your os, arch, version, etc.. You know basic info you are supposed to give us so we don't waste our time asking for this every time. Hmm?
Back in Aug I had problems with all the preferences windows. I changed browser.preferences.animateFadeIn=false to browser.preferences.animateFadeIn=true, which seemed to fix the problem. I only recently needed to remove some saved passwords and found the problem with the Saved Password window. I cannot highlight a saved password and the remove button is greyed out.

I am using antiX 17.2 32 bit on a Dell Latitude D610 laptop. I'm using uBlock and Cookies Exterminator addons, Compact Moon Theme, and Adobe Flash Plugin. I tried PM in Safe Mode which did not fix the problem.
Last edited by greyowl on 2018-11-30, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.