Tutanota Error Popup

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
llewellen

Tutanota Error Popup

Unread post by llewellen » 2018-11-21, 16:27

Since updating to 28.2.1 for Linux (Manjaro 1.0) my Tutanota email service keeps repeating a popup asking me to report about an error that just occurred. As near as I can tell no error actually occurred, except for the mistaken popup. Tutanota support advises that they are receiving this complaint only from users who are using PaleMoon browser. Any idea what's going on?
Attachments
TutanotaErrorPopup.png
PalemoonAbout.png

distantpluto
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Tutanota Error Popup

Unread post by distantpluto » 2018-11-21, 18:04

I've tried both 'mail.tutanota.com' and 'app.tutanota.com' and don't get any error popup.

The only popups I got were for configuring a recovery code (I hadn't logged in for a long time!) and that the search function was disabled.
Pale Moon and Epyrus on Arch Linux.

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-11-22, 08:11

llewellen wrote:Tutanota support advises that they are receiving this complaint only from users who are using PaleMoon browser. Any idea what's going on?
I had a similar issue with Basilisk. I found it to be a add-on issue. I think it was the decentraleyes add-on? Do you have it installed?
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-12-20, 08:25

Been having issues with Tutanota and the latest Basilisk build on Linux (2018.12.18). I have informed them about the issue.

I think this could be due to the about:config setting "device.storage.enabled=false"? Not sure.
Last edited by fatboy on 2018-12-20, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-12-20, 13:12

Unless and until tutanota wakes up and fixes their implementation, you'll run into errors -- I suggest making a user-agent override for them with a Firefox version 52.9
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-12-20, 13:33

I want them to fix this issue, so I'll wait and see what they say before I do the proposed FF user agent fix.