html5 live stream problem Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Revoluz

html5 live stream problem

Unread post by Revoluz » 2018-11-12, 15:13

Hi all

Many thanks to the developers of Palemoon and also for developing it further in 32 bit. I myself also use PCLinuxOS 32 bit.

Because Zattoo.com and Wilmaa.com switched to html5 stream I had to update my browser. I tested the following.

I am using Palemoon V. 24.7.2 and 28.1.0 and the latter because of html5

Explicitly Palemoon V. 28.1.0, at Zattoo.com only audio, without video and at Wilmaa.com I have to switch to the Flash Player.

There are no stream problems on YouTube

Latest version of IceCat cannot load Zattoo, output dialog >> Unknown compression << and do not play Wilmaa's HTML5. All other latest browsers, except those of the "gugel" line not tested FF-V-64, Seamonkey can load the pages, but cannot play their HTML5, despite the complete FlashPlayer plugin deinstallation ( Tested browsers that are still available in 32 bit version ).

Slimjet test today also failed on both sides with HTML5.
Converted from Jessie ( compatible with my system plus libwebpdemux1 ) to rpm and installed. Apparently it's not my installed " old " codecs, but effectively the browser.

Chromium V. 59.x can correctly stream Zattoo and Wilmaa.

Here is a link to test it immediately, try,

http://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html

All 3 Video are supported with configure the same from Antonius32 Post to Palemoon V. 24.7.2 on Palemoon V. 28.1.0 the H.264/MP4 not.

If you like, maybe try and test directly with zattoo.com and wilma.com

Thanks to Antonius32 Post,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9067#p70622

now also streams Palemoon V. 24.7.2 YouTube videos very well, V. 28.1.0 but has no media.gstreamer.enabled support

I hope I could give an important hint for the further development of Palemoon.

Please forgive me if it was not all correctly translated, because I only know the German language, I do not know the English language well.

From German to English
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: html5 live stream problem

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-11-12, 18:19

If so many other browsers fail to play the same thing, why have you come to the conclusion that the browser is at fault and not the website?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Revoluz

Unread post by Revoluz » 2018-11-12, 20:04

Moonchild wrote:If so many other browsers fail to play the same thing, why have you come to the conclusion that the browser is at fault and not the website?
I already thought about your question last week and that is the reason why I came to the end to test several browsers with it. :)

Please try this link with your distribution,

http://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html

it has listed three video formats H.264/MP4, WebM and Ogg/Theora

And when I tested the Chromium Browser with wilmaa.com and zattoo.com for correct stream everything worked with it, and only with this browser html5 live stream works. For this reason I decided to share it with you and also because I am very grateful for the PaleMoon browser. And if html5 live streams from 99% of all websites work with PaleMoon right away, it is the best browser.

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2018-11-12, 20:11

@Revoluz

https://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html

Tested with Pale Moon 28.1.0 64-bit/Win7.
Everything (H.264/MP4, WebM, Ogg/Theora) works fine.

Wilmaa.com works.
Didn't test Zattoo.com since it requires registration.

Revoluz

Unread post by Revoluz » 2018-11-12, 21:08

Now i delete all folder and files on the ~/home/user/.moonchild productions/pale moon/xytest.test profile

Then i remove the flash player plugin package from my system and then, after rebooting starting PaleMoon 28.1.0

Now the message comes from zattoo.com, after the advertisement,

Error while loading stream (error code 1023)

and on the video test page the format H.264/MP4 cannot be played either.

I have already searched the internet for the error code 1023.

I just only this found,

https://support.zattoo.com/hc/de/articl ... rtet-nicht

Under point 5, Zattoo Quote:

5. try another browser: if you still can't start a channel, please try to start Zattoo from another browser (current versions of Firefox or Chrome are recommended).

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2018-11-12, 22:29

Do you have the FFmpeg packages for your distro installed? They are required for H.264 video playback.

Depending on the distro you use you may also need to install the libavcodec package.

Revoluz

Unread post by Revoluz » 2018-11-13, 00:12

trava90 wrote:Do you have the FFmpeg packages for your distro installed? They are required for H.264 video playback.

Depending on the distro you use you may also need to install the libavcodec package.
FFmpeg and libavcodec are right from the start installed, because it is also important for encoding.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2018-11-13, 02:49

What versions of ffmpeg/libavcodec are installed?

Revoluz

Unread post by Revoluz » 2018-11-13, 09:32

I'm using PCLinuxOS 32 bit and the 32 bit version was discontinued about 2.5 years ago.
trava90 wrote:What versions of ffmpeg/libavcodec are installed?
- ffmpeg > 2.8.6 pclos 2016

- libavcodec57 > 3.2.2 -16, which I installed myself, because the 32 bit repo only contained the rpm package up to libavcodec56, but is still installed in my system because of different players like vlc etc...

-x264 ( h264 ) > 1,138 package

Just a development idea question:

Palemoon > 24.7.2 has the ability to stream via Gstreamer and with the .media.gstreamer.enabled switch to " true " in about:config version 24.7.2 can stream all three videos on the test page and also from other sites that do not necessarily require the latest browser, or Chrome browser.

Palemoon > 28.1.0 does not have the media.gstreamer.enabled boolan anymore. Would it be basically possible to maintain the media.gstreamer.enabled in Palemoon > 28.1.0 and maybe for later's too again for the support by Gstreamer?

I also looked in /usr/lib/chromium/resources and /usr/lib/chromium/plugins, as well as in /usr/lib/chromium and there are no dencoders available, so I wonder why Chromium Browser > 57.0 can stream into my "old" system without problems.

Thank you

Translated from German to English by deepl.com

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-11-13, 10:48

The GStreamer support was removed in Tycho (Issue #891 (pale-moon)).

Revoluz

Unread post by Revoluz » 2018-11-13, 11:20

I understand, thank you yami_.

One more idea, :)

Maybe extend the version scaling downwards, so to say up to version libavcodec56, of course only if possible and without stability losses?

Revoluz

Re: ( Solved ) html5 live stream problem

Unread post by Revoluz » 2018-11-13, 12:36

Hi everyone and thank you very much for your answers.

The hint from trava90 to the version of libavcodec is successful, thank you @ trava90

Got the libavcodec58 package plus dependencies from here,

https://pkgs.org/

from the Distro Rosa 2016, installed and PM completely closed and then restarted, and now all live streams are working flawlessly.

Thanks again and many greetings. :) :)

Maybe you should consider a version of libavcodec below... ?