how to change a basic ui icon? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lew Rockwell Fan

how to change a basic ui icon?

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-10-04, 07:48

Any suggestion on how I can change the little + on the new tab button to a larger custom icon? A generalized method would be ideal as there are some others I'd like to change. I've changed the color and horizontal extent in
~/.moonchild productions/pale moon/bsygixk9.he/chrome/userChrome.css

Is there a way to change the icon there also?
If I can't point it toward a custom image, maybe I could replace the image it uses by renaming mine over it.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: how to change a basic ui icon?

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-10-04, 12:08

Try this:

Code: Select all

#new-tab-button,
.tabs-newtab-button {
  list-style-image: url("YOUR/URL/HERE") !important;
}
You can use list-style-image on any icon you want to change, provided you know the IDs. Personally I tend to use DOM Inspector + Element Inspector add-ons to be able to shift+right click on an element to open it in DOM Inspector, which lets me view the DOM plus any styles attached to it.

Lew Rockwell Fan

Re: how to change a basic ui icon?

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-10-04, 18:29

Lootyhoof wrote:Try this:

Code: Select all

#new-tab-button,
.tabs-newtab-button {
  list-style-image: url("YOUR/URL/HERE") !important;
}
You can use list-style-image on any icon you want to change, provided you know the IDs. Personally I tend to use DOM Inspector + Element Inspector add-ons to be able to shift+right click on an element to open it in DOM Inspector, which lets me view the DOM plus any styles attached to it.
Perfect. Thank you. I was using an incorrect string instead of "list-style-image". I'll try the inspector add-ons for my next mod now.