Version 28 non Root problem

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
elmurdoc

Version 28 non Root problem

Unread post by elmurdoc » 2018-08-30, 16:37

Hi

i have this problem, in my work we use Linux call Canaima (this is a governmental version), which is really outdated and i don't have a root user

Until today the only way to use and update Palemoon was download the tar.bz2 unzip the folder create a shortcut to palemoon and use it, but today i download the version 28 and doesn't execute, it never open, i don't know how i can make it work without a root password :(

I have the previous version 27.9.4 (32 bits)

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Version 28 non Root problem

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-08-30, 16:46

elmurdoc wrote:[...] which is really outdated [...]
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:The platform and its applications are soley designed for reasonably modern hardware and updated system software only.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-08-30, 16:47, edited 3 times in total.

elmurdoc

Unread post by elmurdoc » 2018-08-30, 17:21

Thanks for answer :cry:

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2018-08-30, 19:22

It appears that the 5.1 and 6 releases of that OS are based on Debian 8 and 9 respectively, and the PM binary or packages from my OBS repo should work on those. 4.X and older are aged out of contention, though: https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=canaima

If you have an outdated version, is there any possibility of updating it?
Last edited by stevenpusser on 2018-08-30, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

elmurdoc

Unread post by elmurdoc » 2018-08-30, 20:39

nop, in my job the informatics team really don't care, we have linux canima or windows xp, some people has win7 but those was just the lucky ones

i dont even have the latest canaima the version 5, we have the version 2 :(