Horizontal scrolling no longer working with mousewheel.with_shift.action=4 in v28

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
OmegaPhil

Horizontal scrolling no longer working with mousewheel.with_shift.action=4 in v28

Unread post by OmegaPhil » 2018-08-23, 18:15

A few versions back Pale Moon introduced scrolling horizontally with the mousewheel when shift is depressed via mousewheel.with_shift.action=4 - I started using it pretty much immediately and appreciated it regularly :) It looks like with v28 this setting no longer works? Can anyone else confirm?

My main setup is Devuan Ascii, but I have also confirmed it doesn't work in the Windows box I use at work.

Lew Rockwell Fan

Re: Horizontal scrolling no longer working with mousewheel.with_shift.action=4 in v28

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-08-25, 10:37

I confirm that does not work for me. I didn't realize it had been a feature. I'd sure like to have it. Too often I run into websites that block horizontal scroll bars, so effectively block zoom. Web devs like that are going to the SPECIAL hell where they will be required to copy the entire U.S. legal code using ed. I hope there is a trick to getting this to work.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Horizontal scrolling no longer working with mousewheel.with_shift.action=4 in v28

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-25, 13:25

Thanks, that needs to be re-implemented (slipped through the cracks).
If either of you have a GitHub account, please open an issue on the UXP repo for it?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite