Update to version 28

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Barnaby

Update to version 28

Unread post by Barnaby » 2018-08-17, 17:46

Now that the new version of PM is out I have set it up on my two computers. The desktop is running Linux Lite v 3.6. I did not try to *install* v28, I just downloaded the tar.bz2 file and extracted it in a new folder on my desktop. The old version is in the /opt folder, so they do not clash. I tested it out and yes, both versions are available to me. I had a look at the addons and they were all working, not that I have many. And the new version of PM found my profile with no problem.

Then I moved over to my laptop, which is running the latest version of Linux Lite, v 4.0. I did the same with this machine, and it all seems to be working well. There is just one difference, Privacy Badger is still working on my desktop (Linux Lite v 3.6), but not on the laptop (Linux Lite v 4.0). Otherwise, it all seems to be just fine. My thanks to all the hard working developers. So for me at least, there was no sense in installing the new version, just extract it in a new folder and it can be used from there.