Pages not loading, PM slowing/halting

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Pages not loading, PM slowing/halting

Unread post by gracious1 » 2018-08-10, 02:19

Now that I am running PM 28.0.0b5 (2018-08-01) I notice some problems with pages loading. For example, this website grinds PM to a halt:
http://www.openthecages.org/syracusevlp
I almost had to force-quit PM before I could get that tab closed. For comparison, I tried Chromium and had no probs. Page loaded much, much faster and was usable.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pages not loading, PM slowing/halting

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-10, 08:23

It's a very script-heavy page. Madness to load that much scripting for a simple page.
Also, they seem to literally load many dozens (hundreds?) of custom fonts that aren't used -- all of that will take a lot of time to download and process.

There are noticeable delays as the page loads, but be patient. After about 10 seconds it should be done downloading and compiling its JS, after which it will be smooth sailing.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-08-10, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite