Need to update general.useragent.override.usbank.co

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Need to update general.useragent.override.usbank.co

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-06-22, 22:16

tman801 wrote:I just installed PM's version of Firefox--Basilisk also in Linux.
Off-topic:
Pale Moon's version of Firefox is Pale Moon. And as Nigaikaze said, Basilisk is just testing software.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2018-06-22, 23:12

Thanks to both of you. I stand corrected.
Anyway I have Firefox 56 installed without update. So I can use it if i want. In the meantime I will play around with Basilisk.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-27, 02:27

A tidbit about web browsers: If there are assumed security issues with any Open Source browser, then they should realize that everything except Microsoft's IE and Edge are Open Source (including Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.) and according to their policy should be blocked. That leaves, what, maybe 10% of their users being able to use their online banking? :D

And considering IE has been end-of-life and no longer updated for years it is in effect a lot less secure than the Open Source alternatives.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite