youtube quit working - trouble shooting suggestions? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lew Rockwell Fan

youtube quit working - trouble shooting suggestions?

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-06-16, 19:38

Suddenly no youtube or hooktube (youtube wrapper) videos will play for me. Worked fine yesterday. Now I get "An error occured . . ." without any useful detail (Don't you just hate error messages that won't let you copy them to a clipboard?).

Don't know if it is related but I just started having a minor problem with bitchute. Everything plays fine there, but I frequently have to reload the page several times before the comments (which they farm out to disquss or however you spell it) are visible.

This is under an home rolled 64 bit Ubuntu 16.04 with plain Openbox, no DE per se.

Any suggestions?

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: youtube quit working - trouble shooting suggestions?

Unread post by vannilla » 2018-06-16, 21:31

Do you use any extensions?
If yes, what happens when you run the browser in safe mode (Help > Restart in safe mode)?
Sometimes I get that error too, but that's because I use uMatrix and forget to enable some scripts required to load the video.

Lew Rockwell Fan

Re: youtube quit working - trouble shooting suggestions?

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-06-16, 23:21

Bingo. uBlock it is. I forgot I'd turned it on. Thanks.