Lots of CAPTCHAs from Amazon

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Axatax

Lots of CAPTCHAs from Amazon

Unread postby Axatax » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 16:16

I have to solve a CAPTCHA every time I log into amazon.com. This probably started about three months or so ago. This even happens with a fresh profile so maybe it's related to the user agent string?. This is the only site that seems to do this. I have dyslexia and basically can't make any sense of these, lol.

ED: I also have 2FA enabled via SMS and they still present the CAPTCHAs.
Last edited by Axatax on Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 16:18, edited 2 times in total.

Isengrim
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Lots of CAPTCHAs from Amazon

Unread postby Isengrim » Wed, 06 Jun 2018, 16:52

They probably changed something on their end. Captcha problems are almost never a technical issue with the browser, but is an issue with how sites determine whether a user needs to be challenged or not. One of the big flags they like to use is whether you are using one of the big mainstream browsers. Unfortunately, there isn't much Pale Moon can do about that.
Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon (64-bit)
Windows 7 (64-bit) (Sometimes)
Windows 10 (64-bit) (Sometimes)

Tomtiger
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Lots of CAPTCHAs from Amazon

Unread postby Tomtiger » Sun, 10 Jun 2018, 01:19

Hi,

had that some time ago, it happened when I logged in at times and IP adresses, I usually did not use Amazon before.

This is a widely reported problem of amazon. There seem to be some special Login pages (/ap/adam). You might wish to try to make mistakes with the captchas. Amazon has a patent to differ between humans and robots by errors, humans make.

Tom

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”