Link destination popup moved into the status bar. Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Uppity
Moon lover
Moon lover

Link destination popup moved into the status bar.

Unread post by Uppity » 2018-05-31, 20:27

What happened to the link mouse-over that used to popup, just above the status bar. It would shift to the left or right side, depending on where the pointer was moved.?

It has been there forever, but with Version: 27.9.2 (64-bit), it has moved directly into the status bar.

I've searched for a setting, including in about:config, but fail to find anything I can change.

I use it to see if links are long enough to require a tinyurl link vs. the acutal location link.
Dell Inspiron 15-7567 Gaming Laptop i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD. Win 10 in a severely reduced partition. Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon
Dell Inspiron 15Z, i3, 6 GB RAM. Win 8 is gone. Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Link destination popup moved into the status bar.

Unread post by vannilla » 2018-05-31, 21:50

Under the "Tools" menu there's an item called "Status bar preferences".
See if changing the settings there works.

Uppity
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Link destination popup moved into the status bar.

Unread post by Uppity » 2018-05-31, 21:57

vannilla wrote:Under the "Tools" menu there's an item called "Status bar preferences".
See if changing the settings there works.
vannilla, you are a genius.
I've been looking at the Tools menu forward and backwards, along with various extensions.

I've been technically challenged for a month, now.
This problem is no longer a problem.

Thank you.
Dell Inspiron 15-7567 Gaming Laptop i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD. Win 10 in a severely reduced partition. Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon
Dell Inspiron 15Z, i3, 6 GB RAM. Win 8 is gone. Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon