Password Backup Tool 1.1.0

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

tman801
Moonbather
Moonbather

Password Backup Tool 1.1.0

Unread postby tman801 » Thu, 17 May 2018, 15:02

I am trying to install passwords in Ubuntu 16.04 with Password Backup Tool 1.1.0 and keep getting this Error.

Error: Couldn't get rows from the Chrome passwords database.

How do I correct this?

tman801
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Password Backup Tool 1.1.0

Unread postby tman801 » Thu, 17 May 2018, 16:20

I have a folder where I keep my Bookmarks & Passwords when I update them. I went to one of my other computers & used the PM Password Backup Tool to make a new copy of passwords & transfered it to a usb drive. After installing it in my folder on the 16.04 & running PBT again all passwords installed without any problems. This only makes about the third time I have done this. Only this time it worked. :D

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Unread postby JustOff » Thu, 17 May 2018, 16:28

Perhaps you pointed to folder instead of backup file, because in this case PBT will try to find Chrome password database in it and import from there.
Here are the add-ons I made in a spare time. That was fun!

tman801
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread postby tman801 » Thu, 17 May 2018, 19:45

JustOff wrote:Perhaps you pointed to folder instead of backup file, because in this case PBT will try to find Chrome password database in it and import from there.

Thanks for the reply JustOff. In my folder I have a Bookmark file and a Password file. Twice I opened the folder and clicked on the Password file and kept getting that error. The third time I again made a new file and transfered it via usb and it worked. I then spent about an hr going thru each one and removing ones I no longer use which came to about 20. I then exported all Passwords in 16.04 to folder and then removed all passwords and imported the new ones. Everything installed fine. What ever the glitch was seems to be fixed.

Thank You JustOff for making this extension.

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”