Overriding included libfreetype.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
BobbyBonsaimind

Overriding included libfreetype.

Unread post by BobbyBonsaimind » 2018-05-10, 15:31

I'm trying to override the libfreetype which is included in Pale Moon, but I fail to do so. I'm using the repository provided by Steven Pusser.

Some background, I've upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04 which is coming with libfreetype6 2.6, which unfortunately has a bug which shrinks the line height. There is basically just 1 pixel of space between lines with that libfreetype version. I've change my system to include libfreetype6 2.4, which does not suffer from that bug.

However, Pale Moon seems to use its own libfreetype6 as it does not pick the correct one from my system, neither does it use it if I preload it with LD_PRELOAD, it still has the incorrect line paddings as if it would be using libfreetype6 2.6. Does somebody know how I can get Pale Moon to pick up the correct library?

BobbyBonsaimind

Re: Overriding included libfreetype.

Unread post by BobbyBonsaimind » 2018-05-31, 08:47

I've just tried the latest unstable build (28.0.0a2) and it seems like that there has been a change there. The items that had been misaligned (tab title, for example) seem to be correctly aligned again.

So I'll just wait for the new version.