Do all userstyles styles now require webextensions?

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Lew Rockwell Fan
Moonbather
Moonbather

Do all userstyles styles now require webextensions?

Postby Lew Rockwell Fan » Wed, 09 May 2018, 16:23

I installed Stylish 2.1.1 from Mozilla (for the first time on this particular installation) in PM 27.9.1 & tried to install a dark youtube style and tried more than a dozen. After the first 5 or 6 failed because they all required webExtensions, I concentrated on ones with an older "last revision" date, and installed some from 2012 & 2013, but they had the same problem, which totally puzzles me. Is it no longer possible to use Stylish?
Last edited by Lew Rockwell Fan on Wed, 09 May 2018, 17:37, edited 2 times in total.

Artemis3
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: Do all userstyles styles now require webextensions?

Postby Artemis3 » Sun, 13 May 2018, 14:38

It is not Stylish (or the styles) that are broken, but some code change they made to the userstyles.org page.

The add-on downloaded from userstyles.org could not be installed because Pale Moon does not support WebExtensions.

When you get this notification (nag), refresh the page right there and the (style) install popup comes up.

Contrary to what the notification appears to suggest, the styles have not changed, they do not require WebExtensions.
Stylish 2.1.1 is still working with Palemoon.

Could someone make a style or greasemonkey script to filter out the code that shows that silly notification from userstyles.org? To restore the normal behavior of that page without needing to forcibly refresh everytime you want to add a new style...

Thehandyman1957
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Postby Thehandyman1957 » Sun, 13 May 2018, 23:32

I can confirm that it works for me using "Stylish 2.0.6" and I use
Screenshot - 5_13_2018 , 4_31_39 PM.png

And it works great with Youtube. :thumbup:
"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

jack7
New to the forum
New to the forum

Postby jack7 » Mon, 14 May 2018, 08:17

I'll try that version if available but this one I have (2.1.1) won't install when I click "Install" buttons.

Thehandyman1957
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Postby Thehandyman1957 » Mon, 14 May 2018, 17:58

If you right click on the download button and select "save link as" it should download to your computer.

Then just drag and drop it on your extensions page and it should install.

If you still have problems, let me know and I will PM you the one I have. ;)
"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”