ANWB Rabobank

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
edelsteen

ANWB Rabobank

Unread post by edelsteen » 2018-04-24, 17:52

I have noticed that more and more websites are not working in Palemoon.
Example Rabobank.NL have recently updated their web site and various functions eg downloading PDF of statements do not work

ANWB.nl list cycle routes ( fietsroutes) but the list s do not display. Paste from chrome or Firefox the routes do display
NS.NL also has problems but most seem to be solved by disabling extensions
Restarting with no extensions or in protected mode does not have any improvement.

At this rate Palemoon is doomed.

Should anyone be interested I am willing to assist in trying to solve the problems.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: ANWB Rabobank

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-26, 04:56

Welp, I'm convinced. Everyone go home.. Show's over!

edelsteen

Unread post by edelsteen » 2018-04-26, 08:12

Assistance would be better than sarcasm.

Yesterday another website would not load. No error messages. All of the filing webpages are generated by javascript.

All the sites work correctly with Chromium, Firefox ESR and Web. Maybe my settings are wrong but I have also tried with new profile which did not help.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2018-04-26, 09:08

The cycle routes site is as you describe, works in Basilisk but most links to maps etc. are inactive in Pale Moon. Giving specific links for the other sites might help, though I can plot a train route from Delft Zuid > Paris-Nord.

Debugging site designs isn't something I can do, perhaps someone can give you some tips on how to use the Console/Dev. tools menu to diagnose errors? It might pan out that it's the website design that's using specifics that we cannot debug/workaround without them also making changes for fallback usage.

edelsteen

Unread post by edelsteen » 2018-04-26, 11:02

The ANWB site is https://www.anwb.nl/fietsen/fietsroutes/zoeken.

The site in other browsers shows thumbnails and short description for each of ten routes. In Palemoon the header and footer show and a moving symbol implies it is loading but then nothing changes. Pasting the links from individual routes does work.

Unfortunately the banking link is not possible but another site is a simple quiz https://app.nos.nl/quiz-verkeersdoden/index.html. This is not the original link which for some reason is no longer available. Possibly they experienced other problems.

Is it possible that Palemoon does not work with frames? Is there maybe a hidden setting that requires strict conform with HTML5?

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2018-04-26, 12:01

My earlier checks of ANWB showed the same results as you describe, the quiz works fine, from what I understand (1 van de 6 only :) ).

Pale Moon is quite strict with web standards, unlike some browsers that allow/encourage 'experimental' and other non-standard features (if a site 'works' with the big 3/4 browsers, it's very likely to be written for them, including use of non-standard and experimental code), the only answer to that is to chase up the site owners and ask them to allow fallback features for more standards-compliant browsers.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2018-04-26, 12:53

Pushlog (for other developers):
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... fa07de3d2b

But after implementing a fix for bug #1262069 (Wrap promise resolution values before storing)

...it still throws:

Code: Select all

ReferenceError: Reflect is not defined
See also viewtopic.php?f=3&p=137195#p137195

In PM 28.0 pre-alpha it's works.
Last edited by GMforker on 2018-04-26, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

edelsteen

Unread post by edelsteen » 2018-04-26, 13:26

I have tried changing UserAgent and numerous other settings all to no avail. Also debugging javascript but I cannot follow it completely.
However I have seen the error mentioned above

ReferenceError: Reflect is not defined

I have contacted the site ANWB and await an answer from them.