checkbox visual characterisics, on web pages, controlling

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lew Rockwell Fan

checkbox visual characterisics, on web pages, controlling

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-03-25, 03:54

I'm trying to force checkboxes on web pages to display more legibly. I thought this was in the system theme but I'm not having much luck yet. I've also tried a lot of brower themes and code in userChrome.css. So far I haven't seen much result. Stylish styles can change the bg color, but the main things I want to do are make a thicker border (3 pixels maybe) and a bigger box.

Would this be in the gtk3 portion of a system theme? Somewhere else altogether? Am I even barking in any of the right forests?
Last edited by Lew Rockwell Fan on 2018-03-25, 04:55, edited 2 times in total.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: checkbox visual characterisics, on web pages, controlling

Unread post by adesh » 2018-03-25, 05:01

Lew Rockwell Fan wrote:and code in userChrome.css
The right file for this task would be userContent.css, in "chrome" folder inside your profile.

Lew Rockwell Fan

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-03-25, 05:26

Thank you. I'll fiddle with that for a while.

Lew Rockwell Fan

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-03-25, 07:33

I saw this & almost gave up, thinking maybe it can't be done. Here ladies & gents, is a entomological rarity - a 16 year old bug classified as new and unassigned:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=182589

So, I'm assuming this is inherited from Ffx. Mozilla seems to think it may be a good thing not to be able to correct all but invisible checkboxes.

But then I stumbled onto the Stylish style DARK GMAIL (all caps, there is another with very similar name) and it makes gmail html check boxes huge with a visible border. So I know it's possible. Now I'll try to figure how it does it & maybe hunt down forms.css.
Last edited by Lew Rockwell Fan on 2018-03-25, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.